At St. Timothy Christian Academy, we believe that technology skills are vital to our student population. We have a fully-equipped iMac lab with a full-time computer teacher. Keyboarding skills are taught to all grades. As students become proficient in their keyboarding skills, they are given the option of using Alpha Smarts to complete their assignments in the classroom.
In this computer age, our goal is for our students to have real-life, practical technology skills. Students are taught the basics of several Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Apple’s equivalent, iWork Suite. All students are given weekly exposure to the internet and are taught the importance of cyberspace safety. As an added bonus, students in our upper grades work with their advisor to create the STCA yearbook, including taking pictures, designing and laying out pages.
All technology lessons are project-based, with the students working first through guided instruction as a class and then independently.
"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and self-discipline." — 2 Timothy 1:7
Schedule a Tour
To schedule a tour, or for more information about our school, our mission, or how you can help support St. Timothy Christian Academy please contact us.
Reopening August 19, 2020
- Offering full-day, on-site instruction for students K-12
- Low student/teacher ratio
- Large classrooms for optimal distancing while maintaining social interaction
- Transition plan ready for distance learning should governmental restrictions arise due to COVID-19
- Individualized instruction for students who learn differently in a redemptive, Christian environment