Curriculum and Goals
Individualized curriculum that follows the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills)
- Student-Paced Learning
- Social Skills Training
- Adapted Physical Education
- Academic Language Therapy
- Technology Program
- Bible Instruction
- Art & Music Enrichment
- Job Skills Training
The STCA classroom provides a nurturing environment with a ratio of one teacher and one assistant per a maximum group of ten students. It is structured yet not rigid. Classrooms are physically set up to provide access to learning and designed to engage learners.
Instructional methods are primarily multi-sensory, include re-teaching, and address individual student ability level. STCA uses the TEKS standards for each grade level, follows curriculum for each subject, and integrates many types of additional instructional methods, materials and enrichment.
Since many students with learning interferences also struggle with behaviors, teachers are trained to respond to students and maintain classroom behavior management through therapeutic methods. The school has established a “Responsibility Management System (RMS)” of earned privileges to help each student be successful.
"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and self-discipline." — 2 Timothy 1:7
Schedule a Tour
To schedule a tour, or for more information about our school, our mission, or how you can help support St. Timothy Christian Academy please contact us.
St. Timothy Christian Academy
- Offering full-day, on-site instruction for students K-12
- Low student/teacher ratio
- Large classrooms for optimal distancing while maintaining social interaction
- Transition plan ready for distance learning should governmental restrictions arise due to COVID-19
- Individualized instruction for students who learn differently in a redemptive, Christian environment